It’s CHC‘s Valentine’s Day Weekend Service today and I’d expected a “re-dedication service” that would make me miss the hubby even more, but thank God it wasn’t part of the programme for that day.
Anyway, I’ll be updating our blog with our weekly sermon (I’ll try!) so that Daniel can ‘refer’ easily too. 🙂 Here’re the sermon for today by two of our pastors.
(1) Providence by Pastor Bobby
• It is very important for us to have correct theology: theology will affect our world view and hence affect the way we deal with life and relationships.
• “God is actively preserving the existence of His creation guiding and direction the course of events to fulfill the purposes he intended.”
Psalms 121 : 4-8
4 Behold he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD [is] thy keeper: the LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth and even for evermore.
Colossians 1 : 17
17 And he is before all things and by him all things consist.
Hebrews 1 : 3
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
John 10 : 27-29
27 My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life and they shall never perish neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father which gave [them] me is greater than all and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father’s hand.
=> God is upholding our life and He who upholds our life is in control and we are safe!
Romans 8 : 35
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword?
=> Nothing of physical danger shall separate us from God
Romans 8 : 38-39
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor powers nor things present nor things to come
39 Nor height nor depth nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
=> Nothing of spiritual realm shall separate us from God either!
Romans 8 : 31
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us who [can be] against us?
“With God on our side like this how can we lose??”
1 Corinthians 10 : 13
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able but will with the temptation also make a way to escape that ye may be able to bear [it].
=> God makes us we do not go beyond what we are able to bear but nonetheless God WILL always make a way of escape!
• Nothing happens by chance God kept preserving protecting maintaining Paul’s life.
• If you are fully committed to your marriage no ‘World War’ will be able to destroy a marriage because God is always preserving sustaining and maintaining your marriage in His hands.
Philippians 1 : 6
6 Being confident of this very thing that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:
=> we can be sure that God who has started a good work in our lives – our lives our marriage – God will be with us and see everything through!
Hebrews 10 : 23
23 Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering (for he [is] faithful that promised)
=> how should we live our lives? “Hold fast to the confession (Gr. homologia = to say the same thing as to agree with) of God.”
(2) Expectation-Preparation by Pastor Aries
Psalms 5 : 3 (NKJV)
3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning O LORD in the morning will I direct [my prayer] unto thee and will look up.
Psalms 5:3 (NIV)
In the morning Lord you hear my voice in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
Psalms 5:3 (ESV)
O Lord in the morning you hear my voice in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.
• Expectations precedes miracles but preparation sets the precedence for the miracle.
2 Chronicles 27 : 6
6 So Jotham became mighty because he prepared his ways before the LORD his God.
Hebrews 11 : 7
7 By faith Noah being warned of God of things not seen as yet moved with fear prepared an ark to the saving of his house by the which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
• Noah MOVED with Godly fear to PREPARE himself
How did Noah prepare himself?
Proverbs 15 : 33
33 The fear of the LORD [is] the instruction of wisdom and before honour [is] humility.
=> Godly fear = wisdom of God = hearing His words and obeying them.
• Believe God and expect it
• What is wisdom?
It is listening to God’s voice and preparing for them!
• What are you doing to prepare yourself for the miracle?
• Are you following God’s prosperity prescription?
Psalms 1 : 1-3
1 Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly nor standeth in the way of sinners nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that bringeth forth his fruit in his season his leaf also shall not wither and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
• Are you consuming God’s medicine bottle?
Proverbs 4 : 20-22
20 # My son attend to my words incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they [are] life unto those that find them and health to all their flesh.
• We need to go for the battle!
Proverbs 21 : 31
31 The horse [is] prepared against the day of battle: but safety [is] of the LORD.
• How did John prepare for the coming of God?
Matthew 3 : 1-3
1 In those days came John the Baptist preaching in the wilderness of Judaea
2 And saying Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias saying The voice of one crying in the wilderness Prepare ye the way of the Lord make his paths straight.
=> He became “the voice”
=> we need to have the voice of prayer
Exodus 2 : 23-25
23 # And it came to pass in process of time that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage and they cried and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.
24 And God heard their groaning and God remembered his covenant with Abraham with Isaac and with Jacob.
25 And God looked upon the children of Israel and God had respect unto [them].
=> when we become “the voice” when we pray God will remember the covenant He has with us.
• When we do not know what to do pray don’t underestimate the power of our prayer because then we are holding on to the confessions of our faith!
• Always count your blessings and hold on to the confessions of our faith!!
• “I’d rather die believing in God than die a life full of disbelief.”
• when you pray seek God and He will intervene on your behalf.
Psalms 50 : 15
15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee and thou shalt glorify me.
• In the days of trouble man will go into crisis mode but Christians should go into ‘Christ’ mode – pray! For God will never leave us nor forsake us…
• Can you “Sleep while the wind blows” like the hired hand on the farm?
• With God we can ‘sleep while the wind blows’ because from now till then we will hold onto the confessions of our faith praying like never before.
Note to the hubby:
• You’re in Brisbane now and expecting first class hons for your bachelor, be sure to prepare well and do well ok! 🙂
• I am expecting to be awarded the PGS, and I will prepare for it.
• God has been preserving, sustaining and maintaining us through courtship, engagement and marriage thus far; He brought us to where we are so far, and He will bring us further! So even though we are a continent apart, let’s continue to pray, hold on to confessions in faith and walk close to God, hear His instructions and obey them 🙂