All it took was ONE encounter between Saul and God for him to be transformed from Saul to Paul that he went from being the ‘lowest’ ranked to become the most ‘recognized’ in the New Testament because of the revelation he got from God.
1 Corinthians 15 : 3-4
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures
4 And that he was buried and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
• v3a: What did Paul receive? He received abundance revelation and understanding!
• Louvre Museum houses 400 thousand pieces of exhibits but everyone goes there to especially view ONE piece – Mona Lisa
• Likewise with the bible the MOST important piece in the bible is the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ
Digression: Pastor’s mention of the Louvre Museum made me absolutely miss our honeymoon in Europe and miss the hubby even more!
• Arc of Triumph is the centre of the city Paris finding it will allow us to navigate around the city.
• Likewise the centre of our faith is the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ
Digression: Yes, we were right there at the Arc of Triumph, traffic was mad!
Mark 16 : 15
15 And he said unto them Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
• Everything Jesus did He did for us with us in His mind.
• “Jesus gets all the glory but we get all the credit…” because God put us in Christ!
• Paul used ‘in Christ’ ‘in Him’ ‘in whom’
• ‘in’ means union ‘with’ means identification
• Before we can enjoy the blessings of being ‘in Christ’ we need to identify WITH Christ!
7 ways to identify with Christ
1. Crucified with Christ
2 Corinthians 5 : 17
17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away behold all things are become new.
Galatians 2 : 20
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live yet not I but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.
• The satanic nature in us was nailed to the cross with Christ we need to WANT the old satanic us with bad habits to be crucified with Christ!
2. Died with Christ
Romans 6 : 8
8 Now if we be dead with Christ we believe that we shall also live with him:
2 Corinthians 5 : 21
21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Isaiah 53 : 5-6
5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray we have turned every one to his own way and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
• All sickness and disease and sin were nailed to the cross with Christ causing Jesus so much pain that He cried out to His Father:
Mark 15 : 34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice saying Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani? which is being interpreted My God my God why hast thou forsaken me?
• Because Christ died for us by His stripes we WILL be healed!
1 Peter 2 : 24
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree that we being dead to sins should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
3. Buried with Christ
• With all our sickness and disease and sin nailed to Jesus that instance was when Jesus became worst than Satan because Jesus had so so so so much more sins! Hell must have been celebrating how powerless Jesus was that day!!
• God whipped Jesus for all the sin and disease He bore on His body until it was time to stop because Jesus had paid all debts in full.
Psalms 88 : 4-9 14-17
4 I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man [that hath] no strength:
5 Free among the dead like the slain that lie in the grave whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.
6 Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit in darkness in the deeps.
7 Thy wrath lieth hard upon me and thou hast afflicted [me] with all thy waves. Selah.
8 Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me thou hast made me an abomination unto them: [I am] shut up and I cannot come forth.
9 Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: LORD I have called daily upon thee I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
14 LORD why castest thou off my soul? [why] hidest thou thy face from me?
15 I [am] afflicted and ready to die from [my] youth up: [while] I suffer thy terrors I am distracted.
16 Thy fierce wrath goeth over me thy terrors have cut me off.
17 They came round about me daily like water they compassed me about together.
=> Satan witnessed in hell how much God love us how unconditional God’s love is for us that He would allow His own son be whipped for sins He did not commit.
2 Corinthians 5 : 21
21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in him
• Suddenly Satan realized that no other man alive would have sin because God’s love and grace saved us all!
Revelation 1 : 5
5 And from Jesus Christ [who is] the faithful witness [and] the first begotten of the dead and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us and washed us from our sins in his own blood
Revelation 1 : 18
18 I [am] he that liveth and was dead and behold I am alive for evermore Amen and have the keys of hell and of death.
4. Made alive with Christ
• The moment we accept Christ we are made righteous in Christ.
Colossians 1 : 18
18 And he is the head of the body the church: who is the beginning the firstborn from the dead that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.
• He went from being the worst sinner ever lived because He took all our sins to being the most righteous in Christ.
• “You are the righteousness of God in Christ.”
• To be righteous we cannot be ‘sin-conscious’ because all our sins have been nailed to the cross with Christ sin-consciousness blocks the blessings of God in our lives.
• not to be ‘sin-conscious’ doesn’t mean we sin and do whatever we want because it caused Jesus His life for us to do whatever we want we need to confess our sins not repeat them and then move on.
1 John 1 : 9
9 If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
• “What you ask not you receive not.” but how would you ask if you have no faith if you have a spirit of condemnation? Therefore we need to have an identity with Christ we need to have faith we need to think we’re worthy of God.
• When people throw fiery doubts accusations fear condemnation at you don’t be ‘guilt-conscious’ because the truth is strong give the truth a chance to surface persevere and pray!
5. Raised with Christ
Ephesians 2 : 6
6 And hath raised [us] up together and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:
• Everything can be conquered in Jesus’ name greater is He in me than he who is in the world.
6. Seated with Christ
• God loves us so much that He let us be seated with Him in the Heavenly places because Jesus did not die for Himself but He died for us!
Ephesians 1 : 3
3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] IN CHRIST:
• Jesus is seated far above all troubles and if we’re seated with Christ we WILL conquer all trials and tribulations!
7. Reigning with Christ
2 Timothy 2 : 11-12
11 [It is] a faithful saying: For if we be dead with [him] we shall also live with [him]:
12 If we suffer we shall also reign with [him]: if we deny [him] he also will deny us:
• We will be victors IN CHRIST and glorify Him.
“In Christ” Promises:
1. “I am the vine you are the branches. He who abides IN ME and I in Him bears much fruit; for without Me, you can do nothing.” -John 15:5
2. “There is therefore no condemnation to those who are IN CHRIST JESUS, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” -Romans 8:1
3. “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things to come , nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD.” -Romans 8:38-39
4. “For all the promises of God IN HIM are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.” -2 Corinthians 1:20
5. “Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph IN CHRIST, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.” -2 Corinthians 2:14
6. “Therefore if any man be IN CHRIST, he is a new creature: old things are passed away behold all things are become new.” -2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)
7. “For He made Him who knew no sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God IN HIM.” -2 Corinthians 5:21
8. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places IN CHRIST.” -Ephesians 1:3
9. “For we are His workmanship, created IN CHRIST JESUS, for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” -Ephesians 2:10
10. “For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete IN HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.” -Colossians 2:9-10