On D’s birthday, J handed him his birthday present as well as our farewell gift from our cell group, N374.
The farewell gift contains not only well-wishes from N374 but also devotions specially picked by our CGL, Xiao Wei, for us:
“1 Corinthians 13 gives us five very compelling reasons why we should love:
1. Without love, all that I say is ineffective.
2. Without love, all that I know is incomplete.
3. Without love, all that I believe is insufficient.
4. Without love, all that I give is insignificant.
5. Without love, all I accomplish is inadequate.
There are three other powerful truths about love:
1. Love is a choice.
2. Love is a sacrifice.
3. Love is serving people.”
Just as what is said in the bible –
“loving God wholeheartedly and loving people fervently.”
and in CHC,
“find a need and meet it, find a hurt and heal it.”