This evening, I cooked dinner while Jasmine did some planning for her family’s holiday – Cheryl, Mum, Uncle Derrik, Aunt Santi and Hannes are thinking of visiting in June.
Here’s how I cooked the two dishes.
‘Stir-fried Long Beans (known as Snake Beans here) with minced meat and shrimp-chilli’:
1. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in pan.
2. Stir-fry long beans.
3. Add chopped onion and garlic, continue to stir-fry.
4. Add shrimp-chilli and continue to stir-fry until cooked.
‘Taiwanese Meat Sauce with Rice’:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan.
2. Add meat and mushrooms, cook until brown.
3. Add garlic and crushed fried shallots, stir until fragrant.
4. Add five-spice powder and sugar, stir to combine.
5. Add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, wine and water, bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until meat is completely tender and sauce has thickened.
7. Serve with rice.