Guess what’s for lunch?
Looks like risotto? Nah, it isn’t, it’s Butter Chicken Brown Rice! 😛
Darien is here to study and so I cooked lunch for 3, and it fed us just right. 🙂
• 500g Chicken Breast
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 2 tablespoons chopped onion
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• Mushrooms (quantity according to preference)
• Butter Chicken Sauce
• 1 cup water
• Brown Rice
1. Marinate cubed chicken breast with sesame oil, sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, honey and pepper:
2. Stir-fry 1 tablespoon chopped garlic and 2 tablespoons onion in 2 tablespoons canola oil:
I think garlic and onion are absolutely necessary to make food smell better! 😀
3. After garlic browns and onion caramelizes, add sliced mushrooms and stir-fry.
4. Add chicken and leave to cook:
5. Add butter chicken sauce and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add brown rice:
7. Mix evenly:
8. Tuck in to piping hot butter chicken brown rice!
This meal is easy to prepare and clean-up – I only used the rice cooker and frying pan (since it’s a dump-every-ingredient-into-pan-and-cook-meal!). 😉
I’m also glad we eat brown rice, which does not soak up too much of the sauce and was still nice to chew. 🙂