Today, at Hillsong Brisbane, we are very blessed to have Dr. Sam Chand share the word to encourage us…
Background of Exodus 3: After Joseph died, the Israelites became oppressed by the Egyptians. God was trying to explain to Moses His plans for the Israelites.
• Exodus 3:8
So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites.
1. He came DOWN
– We are like ‘Humpty Dumpty’ which could not be put back together again by all the king’s horses and king’s men BUT we were put together when Jesus came down to earth for us.
2. to bring us OUT
=> Because God brought us out, we do not live like how we used to.
– ‘Out’, in Hebrew language, means to snatch something.
=> God had to reach into the territory of the enemy to snatch us from the enemy, which thought he had a hold of our lives.
3. and we’re on my way UP.
=> If we lose sight of where we are going, we will forget that God is bringing us up.
– God did not snatch us out to be an average person.
– God has a purpose for our lives, to excel and glorify Him.
4. He is asking if we want to ‘SUPERSIZE’ and our answer is, “YES!”
– God is bringing the Israelites into a ‘good’ and ‘large’ land
=> God is asking Moses if he wants quality and quantity for his people.
=> God has quality (good) and quantity (large) for our lives.
=> When Jesus shows up, there shouldn’t be room for ‘just enough’ because He gives exceedingly, abundantly and above all that we can ask or imagine.
5. The land God promised is overflowing with milk and honey, but to get to my milk, I need to deal with stuff and to get to the honey, I need to deal with the stings.
– Cows produce milk and stuff (faeces) while bees produce honey but also sting.
– Everyone is looking forward to milk and honey but do not want to face the stuff and sting.
– If we stay in the stuff long enough, keep dealing with the stuff, around a corner there will be a cow! The stuff is a clue to the cow. 😉
– If we stay in the sting long enough, we will get to the hive of bees where our honey is.
– If we keep our eyes in the stuff, we will be dissuaded to go over to the other side; but if we see what is on the other side (God, Son, Holy Spirit, healing, peace, love, joy, reconciliation, favour, prosperity), we will be willing to wade through the stuff to go over.
– In our lives, we will always have to deal with stuff and stings to get to the milk and honey.
Dr. Sam Chand recaps what he preached:
We pray that Dr. Sam Chand‘s sermon would encourage you in the season of stuff and stings that you’re going through. Look ahead to what’s on the other side and become stronger through the stuff and stings!